Electronic Publishing and Database Services
Arnold Information Technologies (AIT) specializes in technology assessment and information engineering. Since 1991, AIT has provided services focused on electronic publishing and database technology to a broad spectrum of organizations. AIT provides a comprehensive resource for financial, technical, product development, and business planning services.
The firm has completed projects in Japan, England, France, the Netherlands, Canada, and the United States. Most of the professionals on staff or under contract speak English and one other language. Virtually all the professionals working on AIT projects have technical backgrounds and extensive experience in electronic publishing and database development.
Each project gets the full attention of AIT professionals. CLients, therefore, have the guarantee that work is completed on time and within budget. The firm’s pricipal offices are located in Harrod’s Creek, Kentucky, with offices in New York, New York, Cambridge, Massachusetts, and San Carlos, California.
Process and Technology Overview
AIT has developed several proprietary processes to facilitate electronic publishing and databse development. Out techniques combine analytic and procedural techniques that help ensure results. These include:
- Techniques for stategic planning of information products and services
- Models for determining revenue at different confidence levels
- Analysis models for determining costs for editorial systems, software development and maintenance, migration from print to electronic media, and marketing
- Data collection and work flow mapping tools for bench marking and streamlining existing publishing and database activities
- An editorial system software development facility
- Processes for converting existing files into structured databases.
AIT provides clients with written reports, flow diagrams, software, source code, and other deliverables as required by each project.
Our staff of professionals provides these services:
- Financial, business and technical analyses of electronic information properties, products, or services
- Analysis of financial statements, projections, and business plans pripared by organizations selling information properties
- Development of pro forma financial statements and business plans for proposed electronic products or sevices
- Preparation of business plans and financial statements for marketing an existing information product and services, for divestiture, or for securing additional funding.
- Editorial systems
- Analysis of existing editorial systems, including work flow, for purposes of streamlining or upgrading systems and software, or building next-generation systems
- Technical specifications for a new or enhanced editorial system
- Management of the vendor selection processes.
- New product developement
- Development of business strategies, marketing options, and technical specifications for new products or ventures
- Direction of product development sessions with selected client staff
- Off-or on-site creation of new product and editorial system prototypes.
- Technology assessment and information engineering
- Software and system evaluation
- Database design and implementation, including Internet services
- Competitive technology assessments.
A complete software and system testing facility operates in our principal offices. The core network consists of Windows NT servers; Windows 3.11, 95, and Macintosh clients. Two Internet servers located in New York, New York, provide Internet connectivity.
Virtually all client work is governed by confidentiality agreements. AIT has conducted more than 50 major projects since its inception in 1991. Several are:
- North American national library. Analysis of the business and technical implications of digitizing and making available for commercial use more than 100 million non-text “objects,” including audio recordings, motion pictures, and manuscripts.
- Major technical database publisher with operations in the U.S. and Western Europe. Editorial system design and implementation.
- U.S. database publisher. Financial and business offering document for the sale of a multi-million dollar information property.
- Investment bank. Natural language search-and-retrieval software support.
- International publishing firm. Study of advanced imaging techniques
- Creation of the first World Wide Web review product (Top 5% of the Internet backlink product), sold to Lycos Inc.
For information and prices:
Stephen E. Arnold
Postal Box 320
Harrod’s Creek, Kentucky 40027, USA
Voice: (502) 228-1966
Facsimile: (502) 228-0548
Electronic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org